Lionel Wirth Profile Page
|BA, LLB (Hons)|
Areas of Practice
|Administrative Law (Judicial Review), Inquests, Administrative Law (Merits Review), Insolvency Law, Insurance, Licensing and Disciplinary Tribunals, Aviation, Banking and Finance, Bankruptcy and Insolvency, Building and Construction, Commercial Law, Company Law, Partnerships, Consumer Credit, Probate/ Wills/ TFM, Contract, Corporations and Securities, Professional Negligence, Property Law, Residential/ Retail Tenancies, Defamation, Media and Entertainment, Domestic Building Tribunal, Sports Law, IT/ Computers, Equity/ Trusts, Guardianship and Administration, VCAT|
|Lionel has a broad commercial practice and has experience in, among other matters, the following:
• insolvency, including acting for creditors, debtors and liquidators
• corporations law
• corporate oppression actions and partnership disputes
• banking and finance, including mortgage enforcement
• unconscionable conduct
• contract disputes
• property law, including retail leases
• building and construction
• regulatory and disciplinary proceedings, including matters with respect to legal practitioners and liquor licensing
• interlocutory applications, including security for costs and injunctions
• appeals in the Court of Appeal
• appeals from the Magistrates' Court and VCAT
Lionel graduated with first-class honours in law from Monash University. He received the Peter Twining Prize for the Best Honours Thesis in Common Law, the topic of which concerned the law of restitution.
Lionel is available to advise, draw documents and appear in all jurisdictions.
Lionel also maintains a blog, which can be viewed at www.lionelwirth.com.au.
|Owen Dixon Chambers West 525 Lonsdale Street|
|+61 3 9225 6204|
|0410 617 803|
|03 9600 0320|