Marita Ham Profile Page
|BA LL B|
Areas of Practice
|Victims Of Crime Assistance Tribunal, Intervention Orders, Children's Court, Commonwealth Compensation, Family Law/ De Facto|
|Since coming to the Bar, Marita has developed a substantial practice in Victims of Crime Tribunal matters, having represented hundreds of clients across Melbourne and country Victoria.
Marita is also regularly briefed in family law, summary crime, intervention orders and children's court matters.
Marita also has a strong interest in Guardianship matters.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Marita had 12 years legal experience in a variety of roles including:
• family lawyer in Byron Bay, New South Wales, including regular duty lawyer work for the New South Wales Legal Aid Commission;
• corporate lawyer for Australia Post as its National Compliance Manager and advising on trade practices law;
• government lawyer for the Department of Justice developing fair trading and consumer affairs policy and being responsible for the passage of several Acts through Parliament, including the major act underpinning the portfolio; and as a prosecutor in the Magistrates' Court;
• corporate lawyer for a multi-national manufacturing company; and
• volunteer solicitor at South Port and St Kilda Legal Services.
Marita completed Articles with Maddocks (formerly Maddock Lonie and Chisholm) in 1992, and is a participating member of the VicBar Duty Barrister's Scheme.